ARIN IPv4 8.3 Transfer
Requirements for the Source Organization (Current Registrant)
- The source organization must be the current registered holder of the resources.
- If the current registrant no longer exists, an 8.2 Mergers, Acquisitions, and Reorganizations transfer may be required before the 8.3 transfer.
- The source organization must not be involved in any dispute as to the status of the resources.
- The source organization must provide a signed and notarized Officer Acknowledgement Letter.
- The minimum transfer size is a /24.
- The source organization must not have received a transfer, allocation, or assignment of IPv4 number resources from ARIN within 12 months prior to the approval of the transfer.
- Note: This requirement does not apply to 8.2 transfers.
- Address resources from a reserved pool (including those designated in Section 4.4 and 4.10) are not eligible for transfer.
Requirements for the Recipient Organization
- The recipients must meet the transfer requirements
- The resources transferred will be subject to current ARIN policies.
Once both the source and recipient (if known) involved in the transfer meet the transfer requirements, the following steps must occur:
- The Admin or Tech Point of Contact (POC) for the Org ID of both the source (holder of the resources) and the recipient organizations must submit a transfer request via ARIN Online. Both organizations will be issued a ticket number for their respective requests.
- ARIN will link the two tickets after the source and recipient organizations on a transfer request are identified.
- ARIN will invoice the appropriate organization for the non-refundable transfer processing fee.
- Upon receipt of the non-refundable transfer processing fee, an ARIN analyst will work on each request independently of the other. ARIN cannot report to one organization on the status of another organization’s ticket, so the source and recipient organizations will need to coordinate directly with each other to monitor progress on their respective requests.
- Upon approval of both transfer requests, an invoice for any other fees will be sent to the appropriate organization along with a Registration Services Agreement (RSA), if applicable.
- Upon receipt of all fees and Registration Services Agreement (RSA), ARIN will complete the transfer.